Quite often we get asked about what/when will happen next at various stages of delivering wedding photographs. Here’s our process:
- The first step is, of course, the booking. Booking is done when the retainer is paid.
- Then we will need to sign a contract.
- One month before the wedding we will ask you to fill out our pre-wedding online questionnaire, where you will provide the details about your wedding (locations, contacts, timeline, etc.) and your photography preferences.
- We will review your timeline and come back to you with our questions or suggestions, if we have any.
- You will also need to make the second payment at that time.
- Then we will take awesome photos at the wedding! We will usually come to your hotel/home two hours before you finish getting ready. Whilst the bride is having her hair/makeup done, we will photograph her dress, shoes and other details. When she is in her dress, we will take morning bridal portraits; we will also take portraits of the groom getting ready if you’d like us to. Then the ceremony itself, and after that we will take formal family/group photos and formal/funny portraits of the bridesmaids and groomsmen – usually after a cocktail break for the guests. Then it’s time for the wedding breakfast – we will take photos of the room before the guests arrive. During the breakfast we will take photos of the food and then the speeches. After the wedding breakfast it’s usually time to take romantic portraits of the bride and groom. Afterwards we will take photos of the cake cutting and first dance, and then the evening party and dancing. This is a typical scenario, but there is no “typical” wedding – don’t worry if your scenario is different from the one above; we will adapt to whatever timeline you have in mind.
- This step is completely optional: within a couple of days after the wedding we will, if you’d like us to, publish five select photos from the wedding on Facebook; this is just a sneak peek to give you an idea of what your images will look like.
- Then we will select and edit the images. This is a time consuming work, so it will take some time.
- When we finish editing, we will send you a link to your online gallery. It can be made public or private according to your preferences.
- At this stage you might ask for some minor amendments (removing something from a photo, for example). We will do those for free if they can be done with reasonable effort.
- Next we will ask you to fill out our after-wedding online questionnaire – a few questions about your wedding album preferences.
- If you are happy with your wedding photos, you will need to make the final payment at this stage.
- After that we will design your wedding album and send you a draft for approval.
- Again, you might ask for amendments at this stage. A typical example would be replacing an image in the album with another one.
- When you are happy with the album layout, we will submit the album to a print lab.
- When we receive the album, we will post the final package to you.
We hope this gives you a better idea of our wedding handling workflow and when to expect what.